Batman: Arkham City is an adventure-action videogame developed in 2011 by Rocksteady Studios. It is a sequel for Batman: Arkham Asylum and it’s based on the DC hero, Batman. This title was written by Paul Dini, who also wrote Arkham Asylum. It offers a main storyline and several side-quests which unfold other minor storylines. The main one deals with Bruce Wayne’s imprisonment in Arkham City. This is a sprawling fortified super-prison, five times bigger than the original asylum, home of Gotham city’s gangsters, thugs and criminals.
Inside the City you will find industrial districts, iconic places and monuments. Now is your turn to play as the masked bat and stop some of the greatest villains in Gotham city. This game was critically acclaimed, overshadowing other huge titles of this generation such as L.A. Noire, Gears of War 3 or Uncharted 3. In fact, this game received a GOTY (Game of the year edition) which unlocks several downloadable contents such as new maps, playable characters and costumes.
City of Sin
It all starts in a press conference in which Batman states his disagreement with Arkham City. Suddenly he gets arrested by some TYGER mercenaries and he gets imprisoned. Our first villain this time is Hugo Strange, who reveals Batman’s secret identity before releasing him inside the walls of the maximum security super-prison, in which thousands of villains inhabit. While Strange starts his “Protocol 10”, Wayne receives his gear via airdrop from Alfred, becoming Batman once again.
This title is filled with a new all-star cast of characters, some of them are “good”, like Catwoman or James Gordon, but most are dangerous villains like the Two-Face, Joker, Harley Quinn, Enigma, Victor Zsasz, Bane, Deathstroke or Poison Ivy. There are also several playable characters like Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman.
The gameplay is based on an open world, as in the previous game. You are free to move around the city, either walking or using your grapnel gun to reach inaccessible areas. You will face some difficult situations in which several heavy armed enemies patrol the zone. You have two options here, use brutal force to get rid of them (although this may be dangerous at some points) or kill them silently, Predator style. Gameplay mechanics regarding combats have been slightly improved. You can now counter multiple hits at the same time and catch projectiles. Several gadgets have been enabled to be used in combat. You can disable weapons using your Disruptor or use the Remote Electric Charge (REC) to stun enemies, and of course, the world famous Batarang is still there for you.
Batman: Arkham City Features
Here you can see some of the features of Batman: Arkham City:
- Explore a huge city environment while soaring among buildings
- A true-to-life graphics engine shows detailed models and atmospheric effects
- Immersive gameplay: the storyline is complex and elaborated, keeping you glued to your seat
- Test your detective skills: once again, you have to use your forensic tools to move forward, like the cryptographic sequencer
- Freeflow combats: deliver powerful combos and defend yourself against heavy armored enemies
- Powerful gadgets: take advantage of Batarangs, Smoke pellets, the Disruptor or the Freeze Technology.
If you are interested in Batman: Arkham City and you need some more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website .
System requirements for the download
The minimum system requirements to download and run this program correctly are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent
- RAM Memory: 2 GB or higher
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or equivalent
- Hard Disk: 17 GB free space available